In case you are a fan of all-foam mattresses, the Leesa mattress and Puffy mattress may be proper up your alley. These bed-in-a-box mattresses ought to each give you that tender foam consolation.
On the similar time, if we glance extra intently, we will see they are surely match for several types of sleepers. In case you are selecting between the Leesa and Puffy, I’ve the knowledge you want to make the fitting choice for you.
Will the Leesa or Puffy be the mattress for you? Learn on for my full comparability.
- They’re each common mattresses.
- They each have nice customer support phrases.
- They’re each all-foam mattresses.
- They incorporate reminiscence foam of their development.
- They’ve comparable base layers.
- They’ve an identical firmness.
- They’re priced equally.
Get The Highest Obtainable Low cost On Leesa
- The Leesa has extra layers than the Puffy.
- The Leesa has a proprietary latex-like foam on prime, and the Puffy has a gel reminiscence foam on prime.
- The Puffy has a thicker consolation layer than the Leesa does.
- The Leesa has a balanced foam really feel, whereas the Puffy has a basic reminiscence foam really feel.
- The Leesa is 10” tall.
- The duvet is delicate and has a sweatshirt really feel.
- First, there are 2” of a proprietary foam, LSA 200.
- Subsequent, there are 2” of reminiscence foam.
- Lastly, the bottom is 6” of polyfoam.
Learn our full Leesa mattress assessment
- The Puffy is 10″ tall.
- The duvet is skinny.
- The consolation layer is four” of a gel reminiscence foam.
- The bottom layer is 6” of polyfoam.
Learn our full Puffy mattress evaluation
- The Puffy has a easy development that features a thick layer of sentimental, gel reminiscence foam. This could give the mattress that basic reminiscence foam really feel.
- The Leesa has three layers. The highest layer is a extra responsive latex-like foam. Additionally, the transition layer beneath that ought to maintain you from sinking too far and hitting the bottom layer. General, this could offer you a balanced foam really feel.
- The Puffy might really feel totally different relying in your body weight. Bigger sleepers may need issues with pushing too far into the Puffy mattress. They might press proper via the reminiscence foam and hit the firmer, help layers beneath. Lighter individuals may assume the Puffy is softer.
- The Leesa must be the extra breathable and sturdy mattress.
Firmness/Really feel Variations
When it comes to firmness, each mattresses felt like a 6.5/10 for me. Nevertheless, I can’t that bigger and lighter individuals may need totally different experiences on the Puffy. Bigger sleepers might press via the tender higher layer of the Puffy and hit the help layer beneath. Due to this, they could discover it to be firmer than I did. However, lighter individuals won’t press in as far and will discover the Puffy to be softer than I did.
On the Leesa, I really feel nice help when I’m again sleeping. My hips sink only a bit, however the transition layer retains them from sinking in too far. On the similar time, the proprietary foam presses up into my lumbar space. On my aspect, I felt fairly good strain aid. I don’t really feel actual strain on my shoulders and hips.
When I’m on my abdomen, I do want a bit extra help. Nevertheless, the Leesa is the extra supportive of those two mattresses so, should you sleep primarily in your abdomen, that is the higher selection.
On the Puffy, I additionally really feel supported on my again, however I might nonetheless select the supportive Leesa in the event you sleep in your again.
The Puffy actually feels the perfect when I’m on my aspect. I sink into the mattress and really feel little strain on my shoulders and hips. Between the 2 mattresses, the Puffy is the higher selection for aspect sleepers. Once more, in case you are a heavier aspect sleeper, you can press in too far and hit these agency help layers.
When I’m on my abdomen, I undoubtedly want extra help than the Puffy has to supply. Whereas the Leesa could also be a bit tender for some abdomen sleepers, it’s nonetheless the higher selection between the 2 mattresses.
The Leesa has a balanced foam really feel. It has some good bounce, so that you get some good strain aid with out feeling caught. It’s a responsive mattress, so that you shouldn’t have hassle shifting round, and you need to be sleeping on prime of the mattress.
The Puffy has that basic reminiscence really feel. It provides that sluggish, quicksand really feel the place you actually sink into the mattress. It has little or no bounce, so you could have extra hassle shifting round. In the long run, it’s going to really feel like you’re sleeping within the mattress.
Watch extra concerning the Leesa’s balanced foam really feel within the video under.
See what I considered the Puffy’s basic reminiscence foam really feel.
Movement Switch Variations
In terms of slicing down on movement switch and isolating motion, reminiscence foam is among the greatest supplies on the market. Due to this, I’m not stunned that the Puffy handles movement switch higher than the Leesa. Whereas the Leesa additionally incorporates reminiscence foam in its development, the Puffy has four″ proper on prime.
Throughout my checks, the glass was barely disturbed on the Puffy. I pressed into the encompassing space on the mattress, and I noticed little motion. Additionally, once I was mendacity on the Puffy, I requested Marten to maneuver round on the opposite aspect of the mattress, and I didn’t really feel his actions.
In case you sleep with a companion, the Puffy is an effective selection. The Puffy is certainly the higher mattress for couples.
Examine the video above to the one under. See how the Puffy excels at coping with movement switch.
Edge Help Variations
Whereas these mattresses are comparable when it comes to firmness, the Leesa has extra layers and is the extra supportive mattress. Once I sit close to the sting of the Leesa, I really feel safer because the mattress doesn’t compress as a lot because it does on the Puffy. Additionally, mendacity down close to the sting of the Leesa, I really feel much less like I’m going to roll off the mattress.
When you take a look at the 2 photographs under, you possibly can how Leesa fares higher with edge help.
Marten is a employees author for us. He has a a lot totally different physique sort than me: He’s 6’7″ and weighs about 230 lb; I’m 5’9″ and 160 lb. Here’s what he considered these two mattresses:
When it comes to firmness, I stated the Leesa was a 6.5/10, and the Puffy was a 7.5 or eight/10. My expertise is totally different than Joe’s, and that is primarily due to my weight. Particularly on the Puffy, I press into the mattress greater than Joe does. I interact the help layers, so the mattress feels firmer to me.
On the Leesa, I really feel very good help when I’m on my again. My hips sink in simply the correct quantity, and the highest foam presses into my lumbar space. I really feel nice help general.
When I’m on my aspect, I really feel good strain aid on my shoulders and hips. Whilst a bigger individual, I really feel snug mendacity on my aspect. When I’m on my abdomen, I want extra help. I bow in on the hips and really feel myself get out of alignment.
On the Puffy, I really feel supported on my again however not as nicely supported as I really feel on the Leesa. Once more, when I’m on my aspect, I press too far into the mattress, so I really feel some strain on my shoulders and hips. When I’m on my abdomen, the mattress is just not supportive sufficient for me.
In case you are a heavier aspect or again sleeper, lean towards the Leesa. In case you are a heavier abdomen sleeper, you must search for a firmer, extra supportive mattress.
Being a bigger individual, Marten had the expertise I anticipated. The mushy prime layer of the Puffy permits him to sink in too far, so he hits the help layer beneath. I feel, general, the Leesa goes to be a greater mattress for heavy individuals like Marten.
Decide Leesa If:
- You’re a heavier individual. Whereas bigger individuals may need issues “bottoming out” on the Puffy, they shouldn’t have points with the Leesa. It has extra layers and ought to be a extra supportive mattress, so heavy individuals shouldn’t push via the mattress and hit the agency help layers.
- You’re a again or abdomen sleeper. Whereas I felt like each mattresses had the identical firmness, the Leesa is certainly the extra supportive mattress. Again sleepers shouldn’t really feel their hips sink too far into the mattress, and average- or light-weight abdomen sleepers ought to get the help they want on the Leesa.
- You favor a balanced foam really feel. In the event you like a gentle foam really feel however don’t need to get caught in your mattress, the Leesa is the higher selection. The mattress is strain relieving but in addition responsive, so that you shouldn’t have hassle shifting round.
RELATED: Greatest Mattresses For Abdomen Sleepers
Decide Puffy If:
- You’re a light- or medium-weight aspect sleeper. So long as you aren’t too heavy, the Puffy must be the higher match for aspect sleeping. You actually sink into that mushy reminiscence foam, so you must really feel higher strain aid on the Puffy.
- You favor a basic reminiscence foam really feel. When you just like the sluggish, sinking really feel of reminiscence foam, this mattress is the best way to go. It has that quicksand really feel the place you sink in. In case you like this really feel and like sleeping in your mattress, the Puffy ought to be just right for you.
If you consider this info, you shouldn’t have a troublesome time deciding between the Leesa and Puffy mattresses. The Leesa must be a more sensible choice for heavier individuals in addition to again and abdomen sleepers. Those that favor sleeping on prime of their mattress also needs to really feel proper at house on the Leesa. Aspect sleepers who wish to sink into their mattress will almost certainly choose the Puffy. Please depart any particular feedback or questions concerning the Leesa or the Puffy within the remark part under.
Joe Auer is the editor of Mattress Readability. He primarily focuses on mattress critiques and oversees the content material throughout the location. He likes issues easy and take an easy, goal strategy to his evaluations. Joe has personally examined almost 100 mattresses and all the time recommends individuals do their analysis earlier than shopping for a brand new mattress. He has been testing mattresses for over four years now, so he is aware of a factor or two in terms of mattress choice. He has been cited as an authority within the business by a lot of giant publications. When he is not testing sleep merchandise, he enjoys understanding, studying each fiction and non-fiction, and enjoying classical piano. He enjoys touring as nicely, and never simply to check out lodge mattresses! Joe has an undergraduate diploma from Wake Forest College and an MBA from Columbia College.